On Monday 21st August the trust library service will have been in its “new” home, Discovery Library (Level 5, Terence Lewis Building), for 10 years!
On this anniversary the library team wish to say a big thank you to all our existing library users who continue to make our role so rewarding. We’d also like to invite anyone who hasn’t yet accessed our collections to come along (we’re next to the TLB Level 5 café) and visit the library’s wonderful, calm learning environment and also discover the high-quality online resources available via our website http://discoverylibrary.org.
All staff and placement students can access our service and our friendly and dedicated team are available to assist you, focussing on the discovery and delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based information to support patient care, quality improvement, innovation, research and lifelong learning activities across the trust.
- Did you know with your trust ID you can have 24 hour access to Discovery Library? (if your badge doesn’t work let us know and we’ll ask security to add library access for you). Our staffed hours are 8:30am-5:30pm Mon – Fri.
- Did you know we provide assisted information searches as well as running regular literature searching skills training? https://discoverylibrary.org/services/#search
- Did you know that by registering for an Athens account https://openathens.nice.org.uk/ you can have instant access to clinical databases, e-books and e-journals and other evidence based resources from work, home or anywhere else with internet access?
- Did you know we have subject pages https://discoverylibrary.org/subjects which bring together key information resources for specific specialties?
- Did you know all staff can borrow up to 8 books at a time & we have a new self-service kiosk so you can borrow and return books out of hours and at weekends?
- Did you know you can renew your books online with your library card barcode on our library catalogue? https://wv-swims.olib.oclc.org/webview/
- Did you know we can borrow items from other libraries on your behalf if we don’t have them in our collection?
- Did you know we have open access PCs for you to log onto with your Trust network account?
Discovery Library firstname.lastname@example.org