This site is maintained and hosted by Discovery Library, Derriford Hospital and gives details of selected content available in
for staff/students on placement
across the Plymouth, SWASFT & SCAS health community.
Click here to visit our main library website.
If you have problems or comments/suggestions about resources please
phone 39111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org marking FAO Laura.
NHS England COVID-19 Specialty guides
Clinical guide for the management of patients requiring transfer for specialist rehabilitation
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
COVID-19 information and guidance
COVID-19 daily alert research bulletin
Public Health England Knowledge and Library Services produce a daily alert containing links to research and news on the latest coronavirus outbreak.
If you would like to receive this email alert, which contains latest research articles and news from government departments, please contact email@example.com.
They also have created the Finding the evidence: Coronavirus page.
Elearning for Health (ELfH) COVID-19 programme –
part of Health Education England’s elearning suite in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies.
New ebook content added 06/07/21
Ultrasound Guided Musculoskeletal Procedures in Sports Medicine
Note you will need a local NHS Athens account to access (register here)
- NHS healthcare databases (GUIDES AND VIDEOS) need an NHS Athens account- (register here)
- Cochrane Library– collection of research and reviews databases (details here)
- Pedro – free database for physiotherapy citations
Evidence Based Practice and educational resources
- BMJ Best Practice (don’t use Internet Explorer, choose alternative browser)
Evidence-based research, guidelines and expert opinion offering step-by-step guidance on diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention.
Note you will need a local NHS Athens account (register here).
When prompted, set up a personal account to download free App
- ClinicalKey – clinical insight search tool
- Clinical Knowledge Summaries (CKS)– practical guidance for >300 conditions
- NICE Evidence– clinical & non-clinical evidence web-based portal, by NICE.
- Elearning for Health (ELfH) -Health Education England’s suite of high quality content free of charge training (topics incl. COVID-19 programme Physical Activity and Health,) in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies.
Note you will need a local NHS Athens account (register here)
- TRIP Database– search tool to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence.
- UpToDate– – evidence-based clinical decision support resource. Note you will need a University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust Athens account (register here).
Selected Physiotherapy journals below
If we don’t hold your required article you can consider making an article request via the library.
This is a regional NHS catalogue, so in location select ‘Plymouth, Derriford Hospital, PLY’ to limit your search to books held here.
You can also log in and renew your books here (if you have not already made a pin number for your library account follow the instructions on screen).
Selected physiotherapy ebooks below- click title to login with Athens account.
If asked you should always select to login with OpenAthens