This site is maintained and hosted by Discovery Library, Derriford Hospital and gives details of selected content available to
staff & students on placement across the Plymouth health community.
Click here to visit our main library website.
If you have problems or comments/suggestions about resources please
phone 39111 or email email@example.com marking FAO Laura.
New print content added 19/11/2018 (click title to check availability)
Nair, K. P. S. et al (2019) Neurorehabilitation therapy and therapeutics. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press.
New print content added 22/10/2018 (click title to check availability)
Lennon, S. et al. (2018) Neurological physiotherapy pocketbook. 2nd ed. s.l. : Elsevier.
New print content added 01/10/2018 (click title to check availability)
Lennon, S. et al. (2018) Physical management for neurological conditions. 4th ed. s.l. : Elsevier.
Kenyon, K. and Kenyon, J. (2018) The physiotherapist’s pocketbook : essential facts at your fingertips. 3rd ed. London: Elsevier Health Sciences.
New ebook content added 29/08/18
Sugand, K. and Gupte, C. (2018) ABC of Orthopaedics and Trauma. Chichester: John Wiley and Sons.
Note you will need a local NHS Athens account to access (register here)
- Pedro – free database for physiotherapy citations
Evidence Based Practice and educational resources
- ClinicalKey – clinical insight search tool
- Clinical Knowledge Summaries (CKS)– practical guidance for >300 conditions
- NICE Evidence– clinical & non-clinical evidence web-based portal, by NICE.
- Elearning for Health (ELfH) (topics)- high quality content free of charge training
Note you will need a local NHS Athens account (register here)
- TRIP Database– search tool to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence.
- UpToDate– – evidence-based clinical decision support resource. Note you will need a University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust Athens account (register here).
Direct links to key online physiotherapy journals are listed below.
You should always select to login with OpenAthens first
If we don’t hold your required article you can consider making an article request via the library.
Selected physiotherapy ebooks below- click title to login with Athens account.
If asked you should always select to login with OpenAthens