The Discovery Library is open 24 hours a day with compatible ID swipe card access, and generally staffed 0830-1730 Mon-Fri.
Please ring 01752 439111 if you wish to check whether someone is on site.
For all other enquiries please email email@example.com and include a contact telephone number and we will get back to you.
Plymouth Health Community Library Service based at Discovery Library, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, delivers library services to all staff (download registration form) from the following organisations:
- General Practices in Plymouth
- Defence Medical Group (South West)- Plymouth based staff
- Livewell Southwest
- Plymouth based commissioning staff
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (SWASFT) https://discoverylibrary.org/SWASFT
- provide electronic resource support/training and urgent literature searches for South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS)
NHS staff from outside Plymouth, SWASFT & SCAS are also allowed to choose us as their home library. However, please be aware we will only be able to provide basic loan services and you will need to contact your organisation’s library for additional services such as Interlibrary Loans.
We also provide services to any students on placement (download registration form) in the organisations listed above as part of the library charter for placement students. For medical undergraduates this includes year 3-5 Plymouth locality students and year 1 and 2 students undertaking an SSU at one of the organisations listed above.
We may provide Associate Membership options for those not eligible under criteria above. Please contact the library for details of current charges based on your personal/organisational circumstances.
The Discovery Library also houses the Plymouth Medical Society Historic Collection.